Home » COMPETITIONS » Nationals » Information » FAQ
For more information on this event, please contact:
Frequently Asked Questions!
- Are parents required to buy the housing package? No. Parents can stay anywhere they choose. Admission tickets may be purchased at the ticket booth of the Myrtle Beach Convention Center for competition entry.
- Can parents purchase the housing package? Yes. Parents may purchase a housing package with a team. With this package, parents receive all of the items a competitor does, but receives admission tickets instead of paying for competition fees. Cost for a parent is the same as a competitor for the housing package.
- Where is the Myrtle Beach Convention Center located? 2101 North Oak Street; Myrtle Beach, SC 29578. You can visit their website at www.myrtlebeachconventioncenter.com.
- Can I pre-purchase admission tickets? No. Tickets must be purchased on site at the convention center ticket booth. At the event, multi-day tickets can be purchased so spectators do not have to stand in line each day!
- How much do spectator tickets cost? Weekend Pass - Adults = $ 55; Daily Rate - Adults = $ 20; Child (10 & under) Free
CHEER LTD. ONLY ACCEPTS CASH FOR TICKET PURCHASES!
- What rules do scholastic teams follow? National Federation of State High Schools Associations Spirit Rules (NFHS) with some limitations for Junior High and Middle School teams.
- What rules do recreation teams follow? National Federation of State High Schools Associations Spirit Rules (NFHS) for Advanced Division teams and Intermediate Rec Rules and Guidelines for Intermediate Division teams.
- What rules do all-star and dance teams follow? United States All-Star Federation Rules (USASF).
- When are awards held? Individual Cheerleader and Stunt Team Championship award ceremonies will be held on Friday, March 14, 2014. The Open College Championships award ceremony is held on Saturday evening, March 15, 2014. Team awards are held throughout the day on Sunday, March 16, 2014. Dance team awards ceremony will be held Friday, March 14. 2014. The competition schedule (divisions only) will be posted to the web approximately March 10, 2014. The order of appearance for each team will not be published on the website, but the division start times along with event schedule will be made available. For a complete listing of performances, an official Nationals Program can be purchased at the event for .
- What is the practice like for Cheer Ltd. Nationals at CANAM? Team CANAM wants all teams to have as much practice as possible. With that said, there are over 5000 competitors that all want to practice! Cheer Ltd. has a warm up arena that has scheduled times for practice before you actually compete. Nobody is allowed into this practice facility (Arena B) other than coaches and participants. This is a closed area dedicated to practice and "getting it together mentally" before a team competes. Each team has one floor times in their rotation (all stars - spring floor + tumble strip, cheer - one cheer mat plus tumble strip and dance - one mat and one marked concrete floor surface). On top of your scheduled practice times, there is the ballroom area that is bonus space - it is on a first-come-first-served basis. We ask that if there are teams waiting, coaches take no more than 10 minutes on the practice floor. A Cheer Ltd. facilitator will be on hand to make the flow appropriate if neccesary. Remember, these competitors learn life lessons from their coaches so respectfully take turns! We have also listed our host hotels that offer rental of practice facilities if you want large blocks of time. You may contact them directly - Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel - (843) 918-5015.
- Can video cameras be brought into the convention center? No. A videographer has been contracted to produce this copyright protected event. Buy dvds onsite or online through one of the best event videographers in the business - Lockwood Media Group .
- Are there athletic trainer on site? Yes. Cheer Ltd. Nationals at CANAM provides certified athletic trainers in the case of an emergency. These trainers are not there to tape and wrap teams. Please bring your own tape and wrap if you require it. The trainers are there to assist in injuries and accidents.
- Is there food sold at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center? Yes. The snack bars as well as buffet stations are set up throughout the weekend for spectators and competitors. A great coffee shop and restaurant are also located at the Sheraton for your convenience.
- Is there merchandise sold at the event? Yes. The Cheer Shoppe and Soffe will have all of the official Cheer Ltd. Nationals at CANAM gear on site for your shopping pleasure! Don't forget your spending money, since there is definitely something for everyone!
- Do you have wheelchair access for those with physical disabilities? We do not provide wheelchairs, but if a spectator has a wheelchair and requires help to see the competition, the arena facilitator will gladly help assist them to the proper location.
- Is Cheer Ltd. Nationals at CANAM an "Open" event? Yes for All Stars, Dance, Special Needs, Individual Cheerleaders, Stunt Groups and Collegiate teams. All School and Recreation teams still have to qualify at a Cheer Ltd regional or Soffe Open Championship.. Cheer Ltd. summer camps are also a great way to get a bid. Defending champions receive an automatic defending champion bid to defend their title. Special sanctioned competitions and videos bids are also available. For more information on qualification and bid events, contact Cheer Ltd at 800-477-8868..
- Are there refunds given? No refunds for any reason are given after December 31.
- What is Inside Cheerleading Moments at CANAM? Inside Cheerleading Magazine will be on site looking for photo opportunities and special moments, teams, competitors, coaches, and fans, to showcase in a spread in IC issue following Cheer Ltd Nationals. Look out for the IC Team and you could be an IC superstar!!!
- What all-star divisions are eligible to earn bids to the USASF Cheerleading World Championships? Cheer Ltd. will give one fully paid bid and two at-large bids to the USASF World Championships. See All Star page under Nationals for more information.
- How can we find a hotel if we choose the Competition Only Package? Click to book button (above) will take you to our Pricing and Policies page which has discount hotels that have been negotiated specifically for Cheer Ltd's customers. Parents can book individually or a team can contact Collinson Events to reserve a room block. These rates are the best you'll find in Myrtle Beach close to the convention center!
- Why choose Cheer Ltd. Nationals at CANAM? If you want the best, most organized national competition in the country and the ONLY competition in Myrtle Beach that gives bids to the USASF Cheer Worlds - then this is the place for you!
PEP RALLY INFO
JUMP OFF FORM
TUMBLE OFF FORM
PARENT PERFORMANCE FORM
For more information on this event, please contact:
Scotti Marshburn at Cheer Ltd