Sportsmanship Award Criteria
The Cheer Ltd CANAM Crazies/Sportsmanship Award was established by Cheer Ltd, Inc. to celebrate the best fans and sportsmanship in cheerleading. Sportsmanship, creativity and energy are the keys to winning the coveted CANAM Crazies/Sportsmanship Award. Tthe parents, fans, and the competitors have a great time planning costumes, making posters, designing banners, and selecting the best ways to showcase their team/school and true spirit and pride.
The CANAM Staff 'judge' fans as they sit in the priority seating during their team's performance at CANAM, but fans can also make an impact with visual and creative efforts throughout the weekend as our CANAM Staff observes. In addition, the entire CANAM Staff and Administration will look for teams and fans displaying exceptional sportsmanship to determine the winners in each arena.
Here is a guide to get your fans going - let the creative juices flow while following these guidelines
- Visual appeal is a key criterion in the CANAM Crazies Contest - the more visual, the better! Costumes representing your school/team mascot/name are a great idea as is face paint, funny hats, body paint (within acceptable limits please!), etc.
- Signs are a great way to enhance the visual, but make sure to keep those signs down while teams are performing. Obstructing the view of others is NOT the way to a judge's heart!
- Enthusiastic and vocal support of the team is essential for CANAM Crazies top contenders. Have your cheers ready and your voices primed to greet your team's appearance on the mat. Just remember - only appropriate words, gestures, and positive phrases are allowed. We recommend that the CANAM Crazies fans practice a few times while the team is practicing before coming to CANAM. This will help your timing and the delicate balance between supporting your team and distracting your team are perfected!
- We've had CANAM Crazies who gave out little things to random spectators that were in keeping with their theme. Others have sang a song or even decorated their cars and buses. You be creative and see what new ideas you can think of.
- Cheering for other teams in your division is a great way to the judges' hearts. Let all the competitors know their efforts and talent is appreciated.
- CANAM/Cheer Ltd Staff will make their decision based on everything observed on Friday and Saturday of the Nationals weekend. The decision of the event judges is final. They will choose one CANAM Crazies winner for scholastic/recreation/dance teams and one winner for all star teams. The CANAM Crazies/Sportsmanship Award will be presented on Sunday, March 18, 2012. The winning team in Arena A and the winning team in Arena C will receive $ 500 for the team and the CANAM Crazies/Sportsmanship trophy. Cheer Ltd believes in the spirit of the sport and considers this one of the greatest honors we award.
For more information on this award, please contact:
Scotti at Cheer Ltd